Thursday, November 19, 2009

Skunked, part 2

Firstly, thank you for all those who have been following the drama of the outdoor wilderness that is immediately outside our apartment. You will be glad to know that it has not yet ended. This past weekend I spent 4 hours in the laundromat cleaning off our "Skunkfected clothes." This meant 4 cycles in the super duper hardcore laundry machine while others stared and sniffed, asking "what's that smell?" as I hogged the laundry machine. I got many stares, shakes of the head, nose holding, as I put my first load in, and then as I proceeded to make the skunk smell concotion in a little mixing bowl in the middle of the laundromat to wash my hands in. The laundromat owner in fact put a sign on my laundry machine that said, "Do not use", so the person who used the machine after me (At one point, I thought I would be there all week and that person would never exist) wouldn't get skunk on their clothes. I was so traumatizingly embarressed, I couldnt even read my book without thinking about the inevitability of being there forever.

So, this is where the skunk clothes are now.



I put them out on a clothesline - I craftily made myself!- to let them dry and get in some fresh air, and of course it rained twice this week, in the middle of the night when I couldn't run out and rescue them, so they are still there, one week later, soaking up toxic rain and slowly losing their skunk smell (maybe).

Please note and mourn with me that my favorite Halloween socks have in fact been skunked and are really hanging on for dear life.



AND as if that's not bad enough, my favorite article of clothing, my raincoat, has been skunked. I suppose that's what happens when you wear your favorite item of clothing every day. Beware, everyone-it could happen to you too.

Skunking aside, Who is so grateful for thanksgiving? And 3 day weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Shameal, you rule. Do you think dry cleaning would help your raincoat? I am thankful for green bean casserole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the perils of wearing many layers-- many articles lost to the skunk attack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe it should be skunked (cont.) because i was really worried you got skunked AGAIN when i saw the headline! as for the clothes...should've made noel clean them.

    ReplyDelete