Monday, January 25, 2010

For the sake of narcissism

For those of you who haven't heard, this is what I am currently reading:



This is exciting for two reasons: nobody has my name. NOBODY. When I was a young child, I would pretend my name was Melissa and buy the key chains/random trinket at ocean city with my "name", Melissa, on it just to fit in.

So, as you can imagine, I was ecstatic when this was one of the titles in the elite "front table" at the Richmond Barnes and Noble.
And you wouldn't have imagined my horror when it wasn't at said noted table in the Charlottesville Barnes and Noble.
I filed a strong complaint, found copies of Nefertiti in the stacks (who gets books from there anyways?!), and then sneakily started my own pile of Nefertiti books on the elite table. Noel watched this all from afar, amused and as he said "not surprised."

If anyone wants to read along with me, feel free to start on page 177 when Nefertiti is rumored to be refered to as "Neferet" by the townspeople, an even better and hotter name that Nefertiti. ( !!!!!!) I almost peed my pants.

All to say, it is good for my ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment