Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Just call me Nefertility




This goes to show that control is an illusion and that abstinence is the only real form of birth control. Regardless, how can we not be excited that there is a little person with a heartbeat and fingernails living in my gut ?


Just picture me puking on the steps of the pyramids in Egypt last week, and you can imagine what the last couple months has been like. (Contrary to popular belief, you can lose weight while pregnant). I will say, however, that there is no better place to puke than at the foot of my ancestor's tombs. On that note, I will offer no more details unless provoked and you will have to wait for the next blog post to hear about our trip to Egypt and see Noel's head wrapped in a turban.


PS-Thank you to the jewel for naming me Nefertility. It is very appropriate.

9 comments:

  1. all I can say is tight.com. I can't wait to meet Baby Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nefertility and Noelpac -
    I cannot tell you how pleased I am to read this post!! I am sooooo excited for you both (and for lucky babypac who's growing in your belly). I cannot wait to see your baby bump. And to babysit allllll the time. Perhaps I'll consider re-locating to c'ville...
    I love you both - ehh all three of you...
    YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy

    ReplyDelete
  3. : ) : ) : ) : )


    Do you know that volunteer babysitting is my hobby?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How i have been waiting for this news to go public! And I have to tell you that right before I read your post, I checked my email where I got a panicked email from a friend who just heard about you and feared that they were using your same birth control! Nefret - you are truly a legendary figure these days. ...Life will find a way...Thank you Jurassic Park

    ReplyDelete
  5. A N-Pac Family!

    So, what's it going to be? Nina, Nathan, Nora, Natalie, Ned???

    I am really excited for this to turn into a baby blog!!! UNLIMITED blog content, tight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smallpac (like 'small one'? your favorite movie? or maybe that sounds too much like smallpox) is going to be so baller: she/he will learn to crawl to al green (my boyfriend), boogie to stevie, strut to tupac, and jam to indigo like whoah. dibs on teaching her/him about thin mint straws and wet willies. gosh i love 3pac so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still waiting for the pictures from Egypt. :)

    And Liam's anxiously waiting for the picture of Noel in a turban.

    ReplyDelete
  8. !! :) hahaha I love that you photographed the test. So cute, babe, so cute. I should have done that. As grossed out as I am that one has to pee on that stick to find out, I still have my positive test (the "wait, was that for real!?" test) hidden in my lingerie drawer because I can't bear to toss it out.

    So happy you've made it public, and so blessed to get to share this experience with you - although, granted, I didn't really throw up a lot or lose weight... or get to go to the pyramids while pregnant (or ever), but still. You get me!! :)

    Sending love and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete