Friday, April 30, 2010

My new favorite food

In the fall, I went through a phase where I wanted to eat brussel sprouts every day. I couldn't believe that this tasty vegetable existed, and that it's bad rep is totally unfounded.



Now that I am out of morning sickness and well into eating as much as possible of whatever I can find, I have a new vegetable I love. I can't believe I hadn't tried it until last night.

The best part is that it makes your tounge and your teeth pink. It's almost as satisfying as eating a red popsicle.




BEETS!


Noelsef, get ready to eat beets for every meal. Oh wait, yesterday you only had one because I ate them all.

3 comments:

  1. haha I LOVE this. mmm, brussel sprouts. I haven't been a big beet-eater, but that might change now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I love brussels too!! with olive oil, scallions, and bacon...? To die for. I have no idea who made up that they werent delicious - I think they must have been hoarding it all for themselves!

    How'd you prepare the beets? I've never been that into beets... but I guess I've only ever had them on salads, and canned? Curious to hear more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got into the beet phase this time last year. I had to stop when my pee turned pink.

    ReplyDelete