Friday, May 21, 2010

A really tight knot

This morning I decided to pretend I wasn't pregnant and wear a non-maternity dress to work. This did not work well, because as Noel is in the living room trying to finish some last minute work, I am in the bedroom trying to get this dress off of me.

After wasting 10 minutes being stubborn and imagining I didn't have a belly and it would just slip off easily, I finally humbled myself to ask Noel for help.



The knot in the dress was so tight, I had to lie down on my back and flatten my belly as much as I could (not very much), and with a fork, Noel untied the knot. By this time, I was late to work and disheartned by my lack of wardrobe choice. Noel kindly suggested I put that dress away for the season.

Anyone remember 9th grade homecoming? I do believe I wore a purple moo moo (upon my mother's suggestion). Don't be surprised if you see me wearing that once again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh girrrlll I feel you!! It's both exciting and so frustrating to transition into maternity clothing. I found, though, that it was more exciting when I took all my pre-pregnancy clothes that pretty much wouldn't fit and/or would not be in season for the next year basically, and put them into a box and asked my husband to put them in our storage space. It made me feel sort of free of them, and of course I kept any bigger/more-flexible items thinking idealisically. Probably won't be wearing them much or at all, but hey.

    I've built my maternity wardrobe slowly and via cheap routes (like borrowing from friends, target!, sales, etc.) and I think my purchase yesterday of a $25 dress from Target that is honestly hte most comfortable thing I may have EVER worn, and ALSO is flattering, just makes me on cloud nine. You need something that you can slip on and feel pretty and comfortable in. NEED.

    Sounds like it might be time for you to find that fix :) Oh and another route? Just buy a couple sizes up from your usual in forgiving things like tops or yoga pants.

    Hope you can get comfy and feel good in some appropriate attire soon :) Getting stuck is NO fun and it doesn't help make you feel better about your current state, either ;)

    ReplyDelete