Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What/Who's living in my belly?!

A baby boy !!!

Tight?

Very tight.

I have been imagining little overalls and skater shirts and sneakers with velcro, and even though I do love floral print, I can not wait to force upon my baby boy infant whatever style I choose (emo punk, urban chic, preppy casual.)

My dear friend, Carrie, has invested some time into looking up outfits for the boy in my belly. This is a personal favorite. Indeed, what would baby Jesus do ? Poop his diapers? Cry? Probably not. I am sure baby Jesus slept through the night as soon as he was born. Tell you what, with this message plastered on baby boy's shirt, I am expecting a perfect child, preaching the gospel from infanthood! :)




I will say, he is a bundle of energy. The ultrasound took FOREVER because he was wiggling around so much, we couldn't count his toes and make sure all his organs were in place. At one point, I was told to jiggle my belly to get him to move into a different position (though this is as far away from a confidence boosting excersize as you can get, I did it. And it still didn't work. ) He is an active little fella, and as far as I can tell, we will have our hands full for the next 18+ years.

One more thing. You better believe Noel is excited. He keeps talking about taking the baby camping.

3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful news! I can't believe you're having a BOY!!!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cattle are lowing the poor baby wakes, but little lord Jesus, no crying he makes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! So cute :) hahaha yes, supposedly boys are indeed more active than girls - though I'd never thought about what that might imply for the time in the womb!

    Matt and I had been hoping for a boy... but now we're super excited about our little girl. Still, I might be tempted and send you some little boys things down the road ;) A friend got us boy shoes because they were just too cute to pass up. They're little blue sneakers for new borns that say "I'm a catch!" and have a baseball glove, ball, and bat. giggle.

    Babys are so cute - and so are the tiny things you dress them in!

    Love you, Nefret. So happy for you guys. Here's to many great camping expeditions! :)

    ReplyDelete