Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Cricket, Part 2

Noel saves the day. Again. and Again. Gosh, I am grateful for a handy creative husband who understands the importance of killing a cricket that sounds like he is living under my pillow.

At midnight last night, after several attempts at searching and tracking down the cricket. (Did you know crickets don't chirp unless it is dark outside? Let me tell you, that makes it VERY difficult to track him down.) Noel even put the lamp underneath the bed in hopes that would at least shut him up, so we could sleep. (That didn't work).

After Noel went outside, sprayed the entire outside window with Raid and proceeded to take a shower because he was so covered with nasty chemicals, the cricket was still chirping.

At this point, I am lying in bed with a pillow over my face. Noel, super hearing combined with brilliance, decides to take the blinds off and open the window from the top. And there, THERE, of ALL PLACES, trapped between outside and inside in our window, was the cricket.

Thankfully he is now free to chirp in our backyard as much as he would like.

In terms of preparing for having a baby, I pretty much think I learned nothing. Complain and whine until your husband tries every possible solution to get the baby to be quiet? That's all I got on this one. At least I know what it is like to be awake every 2 hours because of something wailing/chirping/crying in my ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment