Tuesday, August 17, 2010

the to-do list

Everything I have been meaning to do for the last 25 years and still haven't done, and now that I am having a baby in less than 6 weeks, I really need to get them done:

- re-season dutch oven.

Noel insists that I need to take this off of my to-do list. I disagree. I am trying to be a foodie here, and I must have a working dutch oven in case I need to use it again (only been used once.)

-clean car.

There are still dead leaves from the fall on the floor of our car. Gross. I am trying to keep this baby away from germs, but I am pretty sure our car has the most germs of anywhere else we hang.

-read all the unread books on my bookshelf.

This is ambitious, but I don't care. I am afraid they will never get read. Ask Noel. I get into bed at around 9 pm to start reading, and he has to beg me to turn off the light.

-buy more socks.

Why do I insist that I can just keep wearing the same ones with giant holes in the heel? I have no idea.

-wash clothes.

This is always on the to-do list. Who doesn't have this on their to-do list? I would like to know your strategy.

-return random stuff from target that I bought several months ago and still haven't returned.

I know you all can relate to this.

-buy stamps.

I should probably quit mooching off of people, asking strangers outside near the mailbox for stamps as if they are cigarettes.

- pack hospital bag

Noel insists that this is the most important thing on the to-do list. Of course it is, but if one only has 2 pairs of sweatpants, how can I sacrifice one to the hospital bag just in case I go into labor. I don't know why I didn't think about this before. I am praying the baby gives me ample time to stuff toothbrush (only got one of those!), contacts, and other random assortment of things I might need before we rush off to the hospital.

-clean sofa cover.

It is disgusting. enough said.

-take shower.

Yes, it is satisfying to put this on a to-do list, because I know I can check it off in about 10 minutes. Boo ya.


(Sorry no pictures. I have been forgetting my purse at home a lot.)

3 comments:

  1. I always put "Make coffee" on my daily to-do list. It starts the day off with a sense of accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my advice:
    Don't worry about re-seasoning the dutch oven. It doesn't really need to be done - it's a myth.
    You can read all the unread books on your book shelf TO BabyPac - no need to read them before he arrives.
    I say Noelpac should clean the car for you - it's a good manly task.
    Return all the stuff to Target and use the credit to buy some new socks (then be sure to throw away the hole-y socks).
    The post office now allows you to order stamps to be delivered straight to your mailbox - you can print an order form off line and put it in your mail box with a check - and they deliver them straight to you - no more excuses.
    Wash your sofa-cover with the next load of laundry - cross two things off your list at once.
    You got everything taken care of girl - don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lauren, although one of these days, seasoning your dutch oven is a good idea. I will come over and make cassoulet in it and then problem solved.

    I would amend one suggestion, though. While you're at target buying socks and returning old items, make sure to get yourself another pair of sweatpants and an extra toothbrush. Put those into your hospital bag. It's worth the $20 bucks you'll spend on both items because you won't want to wear anything besides sweatpants for the first few weeks after the baby comes.

    Don't forget to pack a nursing bra.

    ReplyDelete