Tuesday, August 24, 2010

God is preparing us to have a baby by giving us...

A CRICKET!




We have a cricket in our bedroom. As you may or may not know, crickets are pea size, impossible to find, and make the loudest noises all night long. I am telling you, this cricket has got to be the soprano of his chorus, because he chirps this chirp that makes my shoulders rise to my ears and my eyeballs flinch in my sleep. At several points in the middle of the night I looked under my pillow to see if maybe he was there. It was THAT loud.

Noel and I both were awake at 1 A.M, 3 A.M. , and 5 A.M. swatting around the room with our pillows in hopes that by chance we would find him. We even opened the window, hoping we would hear him less with all his bros and sisters in the background. But no, he is living a little too close to our heads for that. We didn't find him, and instead I resorted to stuffing tissue papers in my ear (don't worry, I realize that won't work for the baby).

Alongside waking up every 2 hours to pee, I suppose this is good preparation.

Good thing our baby is going to be way cuter.

No comments:

Post a Comment