Tuesday, September 28, 2010

This ones for you, Alice!

Several things have happened in the last week:

1- I am officially on maternity leave. In fact, I have been on maternity leave for a week now. No baby yet, even though I am walking, eating spicy food, and drinking raspberry leaf tea like it is my job. This is a practice in patience, to say the least.

2- I got into a car accident. It was not my fault (which is nice), and everyone was okay (which is wonderful). But look at what it did to our car! Oh my.



Yes, we are currently trying to give birth to a baby and buy a car. In hopes of not making rash decisions, we are entering the parenting world early by borrowing my mother's mini van until we get a new car.

3- I promised Alice a belly picture. Unfortunately, this was taken 2 weeks ago, and I am too lazy to take a new picture. As you know, I am very busy on maternity leave.




4- I did something I have been threatening to do for the last 6 months ( Thank you, Rutha, for that reminder). It was about time I joined twitter. In the words of KT Shields, maternity leave has broken me down. I wish I knew how to retweet that. I am afraid technology is running much faster than I am.

5- I really hope my next post includes a picture of baby Stringham!

1 comment:

  1. Cute, Nefret! :) Watch out.. The day after I wrote a "letter to baby" inviting her to come "as soon as she's ready", I went into labor and had her ;) haha

    Happy Maternity Leave... ing, or whatever :)

    ReplyDelete