Sunday, November 21, 2010

my newest simple pleasure

Every day, Simon takes about 4-5 naps. He is getting more and more social every day, which means I have to help him get to sleep or else I am pretty sure he would stay awake all day, crying and staring at things in wonder. I made up his "schedule" and it continues to be necessary for his/our/my/Noel's sanity. Getting him to sleep is the HARDEST thing ever and requires a butt load of patience. Since I am not a naturally patient person (working through that one now), I have to dig it up from the dregs of my long lost perfect personality.Yea right.

Let me tell you, though, when I actually make it happen, it feels good. Success is so sweet and the satisfaction of it is on the same level as a) a really good vacuum, and/ or b) driving while watching the light up ahead turn from red to green and without having to press your brake, you bust through the light. You all know what I am talking about it.



sleeping baby. BOO YA. fist pound.


4 comments:

  1. Great description of how good it feels to get your baby to sleep at last ;) Love it! Love you, too, Nefret... and I totally agree. Being a mom is a GREAT lesson in patience (or perhaps I should say a great reminder of how impatient we all are!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! Make him stop growing! ;) Cute bib, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for updating your family info to include Simpac! Next up - updating the family photo to add him in :)

    ReplyDelete