Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Today was a good day

For two reasons:

1- I love election day. Isn't there something so awesome about standing in line to vote? Simon was an angel, flirting with all the cville citizens exercising their rights. I like to think he might have swayed some voters with his eyelid batting. I can only say how disappointed I was that they were out of stickers by the time we got there at 1 pm. I was planning on stealing one for Simon, future voter.

=



2- Even though we can't so much afford fancy coffee, today is the first day of the Starbucks gingerbread latte. Does that mean Christmas is around the corner? That is horrifying. Anyways, I voted, then bought one for myself, convincing myself that I deserved a treat. I DID just have a baby, and NO, I do not sleep at night. I so deserve a cup of coffee. I am so editing the budget to include gourmet coffee in the childbirth recovery category. Boo ya.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for Starbucks post-baby. Drive thru Starbucks made Mommy sane on many a morning with 2 little ones in their car seats- sometimes falling asleep on the way!! Good work little Mama, stay in touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your blog ... we can't wait to see you all next month ... love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for new mommies!!! You look great, Nefret, and so does he. SUCH sweet days...no sleep and all :)

    ReplyDelete