Monday, January 3, 2011

a leaf has turned.

It seems that simon doesn't completely hate his life anymore.




...and with the reason of the season still fresh in our minds , let me just say halleluia!

As he gets happier and happier, sometimes I get teary at the thought that he is getting bigger and bigger and will eventually go to college. I obviously automatically jump there, because it makes the most/least sense.
but then i remind myself that my eyeballs are itchy from exhaustion. so we return to square one: right now we are just working on sleeping through the night and not spitting up/peeing on my work clothes.

This is my prayer these days:

Thank You, Lord, that the days go by slowly. Simon is the best, and we want the days to go slower. But one teeny tiny favor... let Simon sleep through the night! Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Noof i will pray this prayer with you with every ounce of my body that remembers what you feel. and i will start with little prayers like for a 5 hour stretch. i think the 5 hour is the tipping point. sweet dreams...

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute, Nefret! :) I love it. Love the prayer. love the truth and honesty of your statements and I just can't get over how mature he looks already! :) What a big, happy boy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete