Monday, December 7, 2009

2 things

I forgot to mention a couple things that are obviously significant enough for me to backtrack to tell you...


First thing:


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Wendell Berry came to speak at UVA! Noel saved us seats, I left work early and biked franticly to the UVA library, and in the crowd of people, I sat, legs twitching in excitement and anticipation. I was so happy! Thank you, Wendell Berry, for making my day, and inspiring me to ask my landlord if I can grow a garden and have a chicken coop in the backyard.



Second thing:


Both rain coat and pants have been returned from the dry cleaners. Raincoat now smells strongly of soap. Noel says he can smell the soapy jacket from across the room. The lady at the dry cleaners told me they use the same potion to take out cat urine. eek. And yes, the pants still smell like skunk. I am considering it a lost cause, and thinking about throwing them away unless anyone has any more suggestions...a month later, and the skunk is still haunting me.

3 comments:

  1. This is Matthew, Jenni's brother and, coincidentally, Liam's brother-in-law. And I basically love Wendell Berry. Which makes me very, very jealous of you and Noel right now. But I definitely want to hang out with you two, because I like to hang out with people who are totally OK with being nerdy.

    Also: If you like Rob Bell, you can be jealous of me. I got to see him speak a few weeks ago. Oh yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just getting ready to tell you that Wendell Berry is my brother's hero. Looks like he beat me to the punch. I aim to read something by Wendell Berry soon. What's your favorite?

    Can't believe your pants are still holding on to the skunk smell. Wow. I would be traumatized if I were you.

    ReplyDelete