Sunday, December 6, 2009

Triple Date Christmas Vacay



This is what happens when you combine beautiful Charlottesville snow, Alice's amazing craft skills, Allison's baking skills, some football for the men, and enough Christmas cheer and ice cream that your head might explode...Oh, and did I mention handfuls of WaWa Chex mix?!

I haven't had a real Christmas tree since I was 11. Who is impressed with me !? It was barely fastened to the car, but somehow we made it home in one piece.




I decorated my own gingerbread man ornament to put on the tree. It was supposed to be a lady, but by mistake I drew a beard and then quickly recovered by making it into a scarf. The bearded lady now hangs high on our lovely Christmas tree.


This is my favorite ornament, borrowed from Sawsan's collection. It actually is about double the size of the star on top. Our tree leans a little over where King Tut hangs.




Enough said.


Now I must go eat all 3 days worth of advent calender chocolate that I forgot about in all the excitement of this weekend full of fun visitors.

1 comment:

  1. What do you mean you haven't had a real Christmas? Clearly you are forgetting our tree at the Carriage House and our fish named Santa Claus. And the Egg Nog and Grand Illumination...

    ReplyDelete